Brooklyn is a reference USB2 DAC, line and phono analog preamplifier and a reference headphone amplifier. It integrates digital and vinyl hi-res playback for reference listening on headphones and speakers.
Control? As good as it gets. Tonal balance? Exact. List your favourite audible characteristics of a piece of high-fidelity equipment, and the Mytek Brooklyn DAC will meet or exceed them. If you want the highest quality of sound and control from your DAC
or pre-amplifier, look to theMytek Brooklyn DAC.
up to 384k, 32bit PCM, native DSD up to DSD256, DXD, 130dB Dynamic Range
MQA HI-RES DECODER: built in certified hardware MQA (tm) decoder
DIGITAL INPUTS: USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless, all formats), AES/EBU (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), Toslink/ADAT 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), SDIF3 DSD up to DSD256
CLOCK: “Mytek Femtoclock Generator (tm)” 0.82ps internal jitter, Wordclock Input and Output (allows stacking multiple units for multichannel operation, includes mch DSD)
ANALOG OUTPUTS: RCA, balanced XLR, simultaneous, 50 Ohm impedance
HEADPHONE OUTPUTS: Reference High Current, High transient Headphone Amp, 500mA, 6 Watts, dual headphone jacks, designed to drive hard to drive headphones.
BUILT-IN ATTENUATOR: Choice of 1dB step analog attenuator, separate for main out and head- phones, 1dB step digital 32 bit attenuator and purist relay bypass.
BUILT-IN ANALOG PREAMP: Line level input or Phono M/M, M/C input, relay controlled.
AUDIO INTERFACE FUNCTION: All digital inputs can be routed into computer via USB2. Allows connection of external digital sources such as CD Players and digitizing ADCs.
External Power Supply Options
Mytek Brooklyn DAC is equippped with external 12VDC power supply input. There is some sound quality improvement (particualrly deeper base and better soundstage) when a large external power supply is used. To have an effect the power supply has to be substantailly (5-10 times) larger than the 30W internal power supply. Here are some option which have been used by ur customers. Mytek has not yet conducted testing of either of these.
The Best of Two World Power & Precision ECO is the successor of our Best of Two Worlds Solution upgrade. For the BOTW P&P ECO we have applied a large number of innovative techniques in order to improve the sound quality of your audio device to a much higher level compared to a conventional linear audio power supply.
- Mytek Brooklyn MQA-Compatible DAC, The Computer Audiophile
- Mytek HiFi Brooklyn DAC, by Jim Austin, Stereophile Magazine (pdf)
- Mytek Brooklyn MQA-Compatible DAC, by Steven Stone, The Absolute Sound
- Mytek Brooklyn DAC, by Andrew Harrison, HiFi Critic (pdf)
- Mytek Brooklyn DAC, Hans Beekhuyzen Channel (video review)
- Mytek Brooklyn Review, by Dirk Sommer, Positive Feedback Online
- Mytek Brooklyn Review, Singapore blog
- Stereophile & Mytek Brooklyn – Better than it Measures, by Erik Squires, Audiogon
- Mytek Brooklyn DAC with Bridged PSU Review, The Speakers Shack
- Mytek Brooklyn DAC Review, by Artaudio, Tapatalk
- Mytek Brooklyn DAC Review, by Dries Van Hooydonck, HiFi Options
- Mytek Brooklyn DAC Review, by Jason Kennedy, HiFi Options
- Mytek Brooklyn DAC Review, by Jason Kennedy, The Ear
- Mytek Brooklyn DAC Review, by Marja & Henk, 6moons